Independence Contract Drilling was formed in 2011 as a vertically integrated premium land drilling services provider. From its wholly owned API certified manufacturing facility in Houston, Texas Independence Contract Drilling provides E&P operators the ShaleDriller series rigs. These rigs are fast moving, programmable AC rigs custom designed to be best in class for the development of shale plays and other areas where completions require long horizontal sections. The ShaleDriller is based on a proven rig design with units operating in all major US shale plays as well as Africa, Indonesia and Asia.
Each Independence Contract Drilling ShaleDriller™ rig is:
- Control system provides single operating system across fleet
- Rig-up / rig-down – pins at man level, no use of hoists
- Precise control of drilling parameters increases rate of penetration, up to 65% longer bit life and 30% lower well costs than DC rigs
- Flat screen joy stick controls
- Fine tune rig parameters for specific applications
- Generation 4 software can cut fuel consumption by up to 30%
Fast moving - site to site
- Rig-down, move 100 miles, rig-up in 48 hours with 22 loads. No cranes required for rig-up / rig-down
Fast moving - on site
- All rigs can be configured to walk from well center to well center
Driven by these superior design characteristics ShaleDriller rigs provide a compelling value proposition to our customers. The fine control of key drilling parameters offered by ShaleDriller proprietary AC software code allows same-class wells to be drilled in almost half the time required by a mechanical rig and 20% faster than with DC equipment. Combined with the ShaleDriller's fast mobilization this allows operators to drill four – eleven additional wells per year, per rig.