Independence Contract Drilling is a premium land drilling services provider. From our Houston rig-up yard and corporate headquarters we develop and assemble our ShaleDriller® series rig design based on E&P operator feedback and field requirements. ShaleDrillers are designed for field safety, rig up and down with pins at man level - they are fast moving and capable of walking in multiple directions. The ShaleDriller series rigs are AC programmable, energy efficient BiFuel, and custom designed to be best in class for the development of our clients' most demanding and financially impactful exploration and development programs. We excel in shale plays and other areas where completions require long horizontal sections, drilling quickly and accurately to minimize open hole time and shale swelling. We also excel where multi-well pads offer the option to walk between well bores and provide the opportunity to plan 3 hour release-to-spud times.
Unlike skidding rigs, ShaleDriller's true multi-directional walking systems are not slowed down by mis-aligned wellbores and can walk over existing wellheads.
Each Independence Contract Drilling ShaleDriller rig is:
- Rig-up / rig-down – pins at man level, no use of hoists
- No cranes required to rig up or down
Fast Drilling – AC Programmable VFD Controlled
- AC programmed, flat screen joy stick systems provide precise control of key drilling parameters to maximize rate of penetration, provide longer bit life, fewer bit trips and lower well costs than mechanical or DC rigs. Clients drill more wells per rig/year and accelerate cash flows as wells come on line sooner than with legacy mechanical and DC rigs.
- BiFuel and AC programming have proven to offer our clients significant fuel cost reductions, in some cases up to 48%.
Fast moving - site to site
- Rig design is based on minimizing loads and reducing cycle times. Rig up and down does not require the use of cranes.
Fast moving - on site
- All rigs can be configured to walk in multiple directions over existing wellheads – three hour release to spud times.
In short, ICD ShaleDriller walking rigs provide a compelling value proposition to our customers, well above legacy mechanical and DC equipment and skidding AC rigs. The fine control of key drilling parameters offered by ShaleDriller drilling systems allows same-class wells to be drilled in half the time required by mechanical or DC equipment. The combination of the ShaleDriller’s “Safety by Design” engineering process, more efficient mobilization and AC/VFD drilling controls allows our customers to drill more wells per rig per year.